Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Suspicious-looking Roommate

Have I already told you about a friend of mine who went to our office to ask for legal assistance on a possible case against her landlord?

She was recently evicted from her place for being suspected of subletting a portion of her apartment to a third party. However, that third party was actually her niece who just stayed with her for a couple of weeks until she could fine a suitable place near NYU.

Well, that friend of mine has already found a new apartment, and a better one if I may add. She now wants to ask her niece to move in with her again. She was able to go to her dorm near the university a few days ago. However, she wasn’t able to talk to her niece because she was out. She was able to have a small chat with her roommate, though.

My friend’s first impression on her niece’s roommate was not good. She’s now asking me to conduct a background check on that person in order to know if her niece is in good hands or otherwise. I hope I won’t find anything negative about her.

No comments: