Saturday, January 27, 2007

In Time for Spring

I was taking an early evening walk in our village last night when I noticed an old woman tending to the garden of the Williams family. I guess they already dropped their initial idea of stripping their lawn with plants. Their garden looked more like a small jungle a few months ago when their previous helper suddenly decided not to show up anymore during weekends.

I bet Gregg Williams was able to breathe easily or sighed loudly in relief when that old lady knocked at their door and offered her services to clean their lawn. I’m not even sure if he had conducted a background check on her. Maybe he didn’t. He sounded a little desperate last week when he asked me if I know anybody who could provide him with a maid.

I’m sure Greg’s garden would already look wonderful come spring time. The grass still needs a little cutting, though.

No comments: