Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Early Spring?

I still haven’t had the chance of using our 31-year-old snow shovel this winter. There hasn’t been much snow this season. In fact, it’s no as cold as the previous ones that we’ve had.

Many blame this year’s bland snowfall to global warming. Many news and research agencies have noticed this. CNN has recently featured the tourist drought in Aspen, Colorado. Many Americans and foreigners who want to go skiing are going elsewhere since the snow in the Aspen resorts are not thick enough to support many winter activities.

I’m not really a fan of winter. In fact, I’m more of a summer guy. However, I still miss the old days when my morning exercise routine mainly involves shoveling snow off our driveway. Maybe I’m speaking too soon. I won’t be surprised if I’ll be conducting background checks again by next month on teenagers in our village who want to earn a few bucks by shoveling out snow off driveways.

No comments: