A distant cousin of mine from Niagara went to Manhattan last week to look for a job. He previously worked as a manager for a pizza parlor near my grandparents’ home. I really envied him that time because the pay was surprisingly good and he gets to take home 2 boxes of their goodies everyday.
Greg called me up upon arriving here to ask for references. I went along with him on his first day in Manhattan. We were looking for this textile company when I chanced upon his resume and application letter. The substance was good. The form was pretty decent as well.
He asked me what my job was all about, and I told him that I’m into public records. He didn’t exactly have a good idea as to what I really do. I think I gave him a 30-minute exposition on online background checks. I even said that I could easily find out everything about him if he gives me his social security number.
His first day in Manhattan was fruitless. I hope that his second and third day was not. I haven’t heard from him since that Tuesday.
Sunday, January 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment