The administrator of the building where our office is situated has recently hired four new security guards to man the entrance. I don’t know why they hired additional personnel for security. I think the security department is already overstaffed. It’s not as if the building houses the Department of Defense or something.
The new guards are polite. However, my first encounter with them was not very pleasant. I brought along an old desktop of mine to the office last Friday. I was going to give it to an officemate of mine whose computer recently konked out. Apparently the guards at the entrance didn’t know me yet, so they asked me to open the box. So much for the careful packaging and heavy sealing that I’ve made on it.
I have nothing against the security enhancement of our building. In fact, I feel safer now when I’m in the office. However, I hope that the administrator would device some way or process wherein the search or check would be done in a very expeditious manner. Sometimes, I even feel like they’re conducting a background check on every person who enters the building.
Tuesday, January 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment