I was window shopping for a good cross-training shoes last Monday when I chanced upon a Robotech figurine in near-mint condition. I asked the store owner if he was selling it, and he proudly but regretfully said that he was not.
I’ve been a Robotech (Macross) fan since I was 4. I immediately fell in love with the story and the characters. I had a difficult time watching it the first time because the dialogues were in Japanese. However, there were English subtitles.
I remember during the summer of 2004 when a guy in his mid 20s approached me in front of a toy store and offered me a Robotech figurine (the Valkyrie) for $35. Apparently he heard me asking the saleslady if they still have a Valkyrie.
We were supposed to meet the next day, but he didn’t come. The saleslady warned me about him. She said that some of his collections were allegedly stolen items. I didn’t try to find him again after that revelation by the saleslady.
Maybe I’ve judged that guy quite quickly. Maybe the saleslady was just trying to eliminate a competition. I should’ve conducted a background check on him first.
Wednesday, January 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment