Saturday, January 13, 2007

Reinventing

Apple has recently launched a new gadget that could change the way we look at mobile phones.

Steve Jobs presided over the unveiling of the new iPhone. He boasted that their new product could decommission many personal entertainment devices. Indeed, the new iPhone does more than just let you talk. You can browse through the Internet with the gadget or review your spreadsheets while waiting for your next stop at the subway.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not pulling a shameless plug for Apple. I just admire Jobs for reinventing devices that many thought could not be improved or redesigned anymore. Take the iPod, for example. MP3 players have long dominated the audio market before Apple introduced its seemingly similar music equipment. As we all know, the iPod has already made MP3 players obsolete or look inept.

I don’t know much about the Apple CEO. I haven’t ran a background check on him yet. The reason why I’m very interested in getting to know him more is that I’m planning to put up a business of my own in the future. I would really like to know what men like Steve Jobs or Bill Gates did or experienced which made them who they are right now.

No comments: