My boss told us to keep it light tomorrow morning since it’s a national day of mourning. I’m quite embarrassed to admit this, but I’m not that familiar with the works former Pres. Gerald Ford. The earliest president that I was able to see on TV or read in newspapers back then was Ronald Reagan.
I could hear nothing but praises for Ford in all of the features that I was able to watch these past few days. I guess there’s no need for anyone to conduct a background check on him since the media have been very generous in featuring his life before, during, and after the presidency.
There has been a renewed interest in the presidency these past few days due to the death of Ford. There’s no question that the office which Ford previously occupied wields so much power and influence, and can easily change the lives of Americans, whether it be for the better or otherwise. Let’s hope that the current and future presidents of this nation realize the great responsibility that their office has towards the people.
Monday, January 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment