Is it in her genes? Or in the diet she follows?
Emma Faust Tillman became the oldest living person to date after Emiliano Mercado del Toro, the previous holder of such a distinction, died last Wednesday.
The parents of the 114-yeard-old woman from Connecticut were former slaves. She had 23 siblings, 4 of which lived past 100. She’s now living in a nursing home in Hartford.
I’m sure many people would want to live beyond a hundred years. However, if you’re going to ask me, I’d rather breathe until I’m 80. Many octogenarians are either already bed-ridden or suffering from numerous illnesses. I don’t want to reach an age where my body would already be very vulnerable to diseases.
Tillman is not suffering from any debilitating illness, though. She doesn’t even wear eyeglasses. For those who want to be forever young, try conducting a background check on her and see if you could find out why she’s lived this long.
Friday, January 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment