Monday, February 12, 2007

A Granny on the Grammy

My sister was called me up yesterday and told me in a very elated tone that the Dixie Chicks bagged five Grammy Awards.

“Dixie who?” I haven’t really spent that much time on MTV lately. The only female group that I’m familiar with is the Spice Girls. Ok, ok, so I may have mistakenly used the word “lately.” I haven’t been able to update my Grammy list since 1995.

Maybe I’m just getting old. There used to be a time when MTV was a staple. Nowadays, I just content myself at browsing through the music channels without actually watching it even for just a few minutes.

I really need to catch up on the latest events happening around the country, including those in the entertainment industry. Although it might be moot already, I’m planning to conduct a background check on the Grammy winners so that I could impress my sister and my niece when they come over here next week.

No comments: