Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Singing to the Tune of $10

I found an interesting letter in my mailbox two days ago. It’s actually a solicitation letter from the basketball team of our parish. The players are asking if I could donate a few dollars for their uniforms next year. In exchange, they will sing 10 Christmas songs in the party that I’ll be hosting on the 23rd.

I know some of the players. I’ll gladly give a few bucks to their cause. However, I’m not sure if I’ll let them sing on my party. Half of the team can’t even get the beat of their pre-game chants right (just kidding, guys).

There’s another group who sent me a similar letter last week. I’m not sure if they’re legit, though. I’m sure many of you have already received letters asking for donations. I’m quite skeptical whenever I’m asked for donations by somebody or some organization that I’m not really familiar with. I guess I have to run a background check on them first before opening my wallet.

No comments: