I recently bought Stephen Covey’s “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.” I’m sure many of you have already read this. I’ve been planning to buy this book since last year, but my heavy workload and procrastination (see the need) have kept me from visiting my favorite bookstore.
I haven’t finished the book yet, but it has already made a small but positive impact on the way I see things. I used to think self-help books make people do impossible things. I even sarcastically say to myself whenever I flip though the pages of these type materials that the authors are probably not content with their lives, so they decided to tinker with those of others’.
I hope that I’ll be able to learn something valuable or worthwhile from this book. I don’t know much about the author. I haven’t conducted a background check on him yet. I hope he’s not one of those who offer quick fixes. The last thing that one needs for his problems is a band-aid solution.
Monday, December 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment