Monday, December 18, 2006

Nameless Giver

Seven days to go before Christmas. Although I’m sure that I won’t be receiving any toy next week, I’m still excited as to what’s in store for me under the tree.

A few years ago, I received a gift from a person that I didn’t know. I wasn’t even able to meet the guy who sent me the present. Although he wrote his name on the small note that came with the box, he didn’t provide much detail as to who he is or where he is from.

According to the short letter, the gift was just a token of his family’s gratitude for the recommendation that I’ve made on behalf of his son. I can’t remember any incident or time wherein I was asked by somebody for a recommendation or referral. Could it be that he might have mistaken me for somebody else?

I ran a background check on the person who sent the gift. The results provided me with 23 persons having such name in the city. I didn’t dare to broaden my search to include every person bearing the same name in the state since I’m sure that I’ll be provided with an unmanageable number. If only I had his address or other personal details. That would’ve surely narrowed down the list.

I called 19 of the 23 that appeared on the results page of my background check. None of them knew me. The other four weren’t at their residences at that time.

I’m still wondering as to who could that person be.

No comments: