I don’t know what it is about Ben Stiller that makes him a good tickler on the big screen. I’ve always thought that he looks too serious for comedy. He doesn’t make faces and I can’t even recall any movie where he crazily laughed his heart out.
Meet The Parents was on cable TV a few nights ago. It was supposed to be paperwork night for me, but I had a good time watching the film for the first time a few years ago, so I didn’t hesitate to shove work off for a few hours.
Robert de Niro played the father of Ben’s fiancé. De Niro wanted to find out if Stiller is ok, so he conducted a background check on him to see if he’s clean. His methods were quite crude, considering that he resorted to checking his personal belongings. I just thought that it would’ve been easy for the overly protective father if he conducted the backgound check online or through an expert.
Talk about relaxing. I (again) managed to squeeze in work during my leisure time. I really have to stop scrutinizing every detail of the movies that I watch.
Tuesday, November 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment