I was saving the DVDs that I borrowed from a neighbor for Saturday evening, but boredom got into me last night. I was kind of stressed out from work, too, so I decided to feed my DVD player with something light and funny.
They say that sequels are usually flops, but I think Father of the Bride 2 lived up to many of the critics’ expectations. The cast include Steve Martin, Martin Short, and Diane Keaton. I really had a good laugh on their crazy antics.
But the movie wasn’t just all fun and laugh. There were also touchy scenes. Steve Martin here was at a dilemma on whether to grow old gracefully, or beat the clock and live his life out as if he’s still in his 20s or 30s. He impulsively sold their house in order to buy a property near a beach since their daughter already has a family of her own.
The move proved to be very unwise, especially since his wife unexpectedly got pregnant. When he went back to his old house to ask the buyer to sell his house back to him, he was surprised to see that his former home was already up for demolition. All ended well as he was able to buy back his home, but for a steeper price.
I wonder if people really do sell something that is very valuable to them. If ever I’m going to sell our house because of dire financial need, I’ll make it a point to conduct a background check on the buyers first in order to console myself that my house would still be a good home, albeit to another family.
Wednesday, November 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment