Friday, November 17, 2006

Gazing Discreetly

Whenever I read the newspaper, the entertainment section is usually left untouched or unread. I love movies, and I also get star-struck sometimes. However, I just find articles that publicly pry on the lives of stars quite outrageous. I mean, just imagine how anybody would feel if he or she is always being hounded by cameras and microphones.

Many of those who are guilty of usurping the role of the stars’ shadows justify their acts by saying that they mean no harm and that they just want to get to know the actor or actress better.

Such excuses are lame and empty. If they really want to get to know a person, then they should just ask him or her for an interview. If that person gives them the shoulder, then Plan B should only involve a background check that is not intrusive.

I know that people in Hollywood chose to expose themselves to the public. However, one could only show so much. They might have surrendered their voices and faces to the screen, but I’m sure that they didn’t intend their souls to be part of the package.

No comments: