The Internet has already written so many love stories. I’ve heard many tales about couples meeting halfway around the world after having known each other online. Some of them lived happily ever after. However, some also went through horrible experiences that even Stephen King couldn’t think of.
Don’t let those “You’ve Got Mail” tales fool you into believing that the Internet has become a wonderful place to look for love. You won’t always find what you’re looking for in cyberspace.
Some are not just content in just chatting with somebody online. Many IRC and Instant Messenger users are now very open to the prospect of meeting their chatmates in person. While having that meeting or date could dispel any doubts as to the true character of your online friend, it can also spell danger.
Conduct a background check first on your chatmate before deciding to meet up with him or her. I’m not scaring you or anything, but how do you think America’s most wanted persons get to talk with other people? I can’t conclusively say that they do it through the Internet, but I’m quite sure that they don’t do so by attending a social gathering.
Monday, November 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment