The 2008 Olympics is still more than a year away, but Asia is already prepping up for the event as early as this month. While Beijing is busy preparing for the event, Doha, Qatar seems to be ready to host anything this year.
This oasis in the Middle East is the host of the 2006 Asian Games, and the country is wasting no time and opportunity in showcasing the things that it has to offer.
You might be wondering as to why I decided to write about an event that doesn’t even involve our athletes. Well, I guess this is the effect of the constant ad bombardment that Qatar has been throwing on cable TV these past few months. No matter what channel I turn to, there’s always an advertisement about the 2006 Asian Games.
I hope that the Asian Games and the 2008 Olympics will not be marred by any allegations of fraud. I can’t seem to remember any Olympic game in recent history where there wasn’t any controversy involving performance-enhancing drugs. The local Olympic committees should conduct a thorough background check on their athletes in order to ensure a credible and trouble-free event.
Friday, November 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment