I bought my first car when I was 22. I only had a few thousand dollars in my savings account so I was only able to buy a second-hand unit. I would’ve wanted to settle with a hand-me-down from my dad, but our old station wagon was already begging to be laid to rest.
The car’s paint job and other external features looked like it was well taken care of. However, the sound of the engine told me otherwise. I should’ve thought twice about the car I eventually bought, but I was really excited to take it home.
My honeymoon period with my second-hand car didn’t last long. I soon took it to the repair-shop and spent hundreds of dollars for parts and services. A car’s exterior can be very deceiving indeed. I thought that the previous owner took very good care judging from outside appearances.
Spare yourselves from what I’ve gone through. It would be good if you conduct a background check on the previous owner of the car that you’re interested in. You’ll know a lot about the car by knowing its previous driver.
Friday, October 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
nowadays, it's very important to have background check first before you bought a second hand car because you don't know if the owner of the car has a criminal records or if it is a smuggled car.
Post a Comment