I’m quite astonished at the pace by which Angelina Jolie adopts children. We all know that she already has three, two of which are adopted. The eldest is 5-year-old Maddox who was adopted by the actress in Cambodia. The second child is also adopted. 2-year-old Zahara came from Ethiopia. The third one is Shiloh, Jolie’s own daughter from current partner Brad Pitt.
The star of Tomb Raider has recently adopted a 3-year-old boy from Vietnam. The details of the adoption are not clear, but sources said that it was sanctioned by the Vietnamese government. In fact, a simple ceremony would be held to formalize the adoption.
I’m all praises for Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt for their efforts in providing shelter and more to homeless kids from around the globe. These children would’ve faced a bleak future had they been left in the orphanage or institution where they were found by the celebrity couple.
I’m not an avid follower of entertainment news. I’m sure Jolie and Pitt already conveyed their reasons as to why they’re taking in abandoned children from different parts of the globe. From what I know, the idea came mainly from Jolie. I think I was able to read an article written long before Jolie and Pitt became an item that featured the actress’ intention of having children through adoption. As for Pitt, all I know is that he wants to have as many children as he could have. I guess that was the reason why he and Jennifer Aniston broke up. The popular mainstay of the sitcom Friends refused to bear Pitt’s child. This difference led to the couple’s eventual separation.
Maybe something happened in Jolie’s past which made her vow to help abandoned children around the globe. Maybe I could get a few pieces of the puzzle by conducting a background check on her. All I know about her family background is that she’s the daughter of actor Jon Voight. I don’t know who her mother is, or if she has siblings. For those of you who are more acquainted with showbiz news, please sprinkle a few details on the matter. I would gladly edit this entry accordingly.
Wednesday, March 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment